JOIN US TO PRAY THIS LENTEN SEASON AT RESURRECTION AND MT CALVARY – TOPEKA CEMETERIES
Catholic Cemeteries of Northeast Kansas Invitation to Join us in Lenten Processions, Stations of the Cross, Rosary, and Prayers for the Souls in Purgatory.
The Lenten Prayer Processions schedule is as follows:
- February 22nd, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- February 29th, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- March 7th, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- March 14th, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- March 21st, 2024, at 5:00 PM
RESURRECTION AND MT CALVARY – TOPEKA CEMETERIES: BEAUTIFUL SITES FOR ACTIVE & ONGOING PRAYER
- The mission and ministry of Catholic Cemeteries of Northeast Kansas extends well beyond our “Corporal Work of Mercy” in terms of burying the dead.
- We also pray and intercede actively on behalf of all the Catholic faithful in our area.
- During the Lenten season this year, we will host a series of Station of the cross processions through our beautiful Priest gardens at Resurrection Cemetery and a Rosary prayer at Mt Calvary – Topeka Mausoleum.
Stations of the Cross
Every Thursday from February 22nd to March 21st during Lent, please join us at Mt Calvary Cemetery – Topeka for the recitation of the Holy Rosary, and at Resurrection Cemetery for Stations of the Cross (processions).
The Power of the Rosary at this Juncture
- We know from the Blessed Mother that our rosary prayers are most powerful and efficacious.
- Furthermore, the rosary is a veritable weapon against the evil and the assaults of our time.
- We will band together to pray for both the living and the dead this Lenten Season.
Praying for the Souls in Purgatory
At Catholic Cemeteries, it is our honor and our duty to pray for the Souls of Purgatory. This Lent, we will continue this tradition of joining together in this regard.
St. Gertrude the Great: According to tradition, Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great that each time she piously recited the following prayer, it would greatly ease the suffering of those holy souls in purgatory:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
Praying for Peace in our World
We all know and understand that there is great upheaval in the world today.
Therefore, during Lent we will offer special prayers and petitions specifically for the Lord’s intervention to usher in a new era of peace.
Come Join us in Prayer this Lent 2024
Contact us to join us every Thursday from February 22nd to March 21st during Lent at Resurrection Cemetery and Mt Calvary Cemetery – Topeka as we recite the Holy Rosary and lead processions for Stations of the Cross.