Funeral Insurance Plan
As you make end-of-life pre-arrangements, Catholic Cemeteries of Northeast Kansas offers you the added advantage of making both your funeral plans and your cemetery plans all at one time with our Family Service Advisors. Benefits include:
- Guaranteed pricing.
- Ease of your family at their time of loss.
- Helping ensure an individual’s wishes are met upon the person’s death.
To provide these comprehensive services, Catholic Cemeteries offers a Funeral Insurance Plan available through Forethought Life Insurance Company. This is NOT a traditional term, whole life or universal life policy. Funeral insurance covers one-time, short-term expenses. Other features of the Funeral Insurance Plan are that:
- It does not require a physical exam.
- It is guaranteed to be issued to any applicant.
- It guarantees the funeral prices – a real plus as industry costs change rapidly due to inflation and material and labor expenses.
- It is protected from the Medicaid spend-down.
The Funeral Insurance Plan guarantees prices for those services selected by the family that are provided by the funeral home. Catholic Cemeteries offers 1-, 3-, 5- and 10-year payment plans for the funeral insurance. The 1-year payment plan is interest-free. Interest rates vary for the other plans based on a person’s age. There are no markups for these services. You will receive rates identical to those offered by any of our funeral home partners.
Cash advance items
In the process of enrolling in the Funeral Insurance Plan, you will also be encouraged to set aside funds in the plan to cover other expenses associated with a funeral that are outside the purview of Catholic Cemeteries and the funeral homes with which we work. This includes items such as a newspaper obituary; floral arrangements; fees to the parish for music, the priest, servers, etc.; death certificates; and more. On average, we estimate these expenses to be in the range of $800 to $1,500.
Funeral home partners for insurance plan
While Catholic Cemeteries works with all funeral homes in northeast Kansas, we have special partnerships with the following funeral homes to make arrangements that are covered by the Funeral Insurance Plan:
- Porter Funeral Homes and Crematory (Kansas City and Lenexa, Kansas).
- Skradski Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kansas.
- Kansas City Funeral Directors, Kansas City, Kansas.
- Muehlebach Funeral Care, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Brennan-Mathena Funeral Home, Topeka, Kansas.
- Dove Cremations & Funerals, Topeka, Kansas.
- Parker-Price Cremations, Funerals & Receptions, Topeka, Kansas.
- Penwell-Gabel Cremations, Funerals & Receptions, Topeka, Kansas.
Contact us for more information
To make an appointment to discuss funeral and cemetery plans with a
Family Service Advisor, contact us.